The Writing Center and the First Year Experience program are pleased to announce the WINNERS and HONORABLE MENTIONS of the 2016-2017 First Year Experience Writing Awards.
- Zachary Carter, “An Epic Destiny: Exploring Fate in Virgil’s Aeneid” (HUMA)
- Frances Kennedy-Long, “Fanon and Ghandi: Understanding U.S. Imperialism in the 21st Century” (Social Justice)
- Abigail McRedmond, “Examining Identity through Action in The Eternal Feminine” (Inventing Mexico)
- Nathaniel Pigott, “Hawaii in the American Orientalist Imagination” (Being Young in Asia)
- Katherine Jones, “Exoticism and the Appropriation Question: Caribbean Culture in Mexico” (Inventing Mexico)
- Andrea Nebhut, “Culture and Carbon and Cremation, Oh My!” (Climate Changed)
- Rachel Lopez, “Democracy vs. Tyranny: An Athenian Choice in Thucydides’ History of the Peloponnesian War” (HUMA)
- Sarah Smith, “Ukiyo-e’s Influence on the The First Wave Feminist Movement” (Arts and Ideas)
Papers will be available to readers in September 2017.