Coronavirus Updates: The latest information on the global pandemic and campus operations.  COVID-19 Website


You are here

Student Accessibility Services

  • COVID-19 Information

    As we adapt to the realities of COVID-19, changes were made to this Fall semester. Details along with updates related to Student Accessibility Services are available on the COVID-19 Updates page. Visit this page for the official, up-to-date details.

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) serves students with disabilities by providing equal access to Trinity University in accordance to the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. 

Academic Accommodations

SAS reviews each request for accommodations and facilitates an interactive, student-centered process to provide reasonable accommodations for students who are eligible. For more information, please follow the link to the New to Accessibility Services page.

Housing Accommodations

Students may qualify for housing accommodations based on the functional limitations of the documented disability. SAS and Residence Life work collaboratively to provide appropriate housing accommodations for students who are eligible to live on campus. Residence Life assigns rooms based on availability.

To request a reasonable accommodation for housing, the student must have a qualified third-party (e.g., medical doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, licensed practioner) who is treating the student complete the Housing Accommodation form.

Students should submit completed documentation on or before the following dates for the appropriate semester that the student will first move in to on-campus housing. Documentation may be submitted at any time, but the University may not be able to immediately meet the student's needs after the dealine below. If a student submits documentation after the deadline, the student will be assigned to an appropriate room assignment as quickly as possible, when acceptable space can be determined.


  • Fall semester: February 28 (New students: June 1st)
  • Spring semester: November 1

To apply for Housing Accommodations, please complete and submit a Housing Accommodation form to sas [at]

Emotional Support Animals

An emotional support animal (ESA) is an animal that provides emotional support to alleviate symptoms of an individual's disability. Support animals provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and sometimes help with depression, anxiety, and certain phobias, but do not have special training to perform tasks that assist people with disabilities. They are not considered service animals under the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA).

Individuals requesting to bring an emotional support animal to campus, should ask that their licensed professional/medical provider fill out the ESA form. These requests can take up to 60 days for the SAS office to process upon receipt of complete applications and supporting documentation.

Be sure to reach out with any questions or concerns you might have prior to submitting your paperwork as emotional support animals are not permitted on campus without approval.

To apply to bring a ESA to campus, please complete and submit an ESA form to sas [at]

Service Animals

According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a service animal means any dog or miniature horse that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability.  No other species of animal may serve as a service animal. Service animals are not pets. Service animals are not assistance animals: emotional support, therapy, or comfort animal.

There is no application to bring a service animal to campus. We do request vaccination records be submitted to sas [at]

New to Accessiblity Services 

Request Accommodation Letters 

Schedule an Exam in the ATC