2019-2020 Residential Life Student Staff Selection
The Residential Life Office works to provide a safe and supportive living environment, encourage growth and learning, foster authentic relationships, and create remarkable experiences for all residential students at Trinity University.
If you are an energetic, upbeat, and caring individual interested in a great leadership opportunity, you should apply to be on the Residential Life Student (RLS) staff. RLS staff members are selected for their ability to facilitate a sense of community within the residence halls. RLS are asked to uphold the residence hall policies and procedures and to serve as a resource to all residents. RLS aid in meeting the mission of the department, and the quality of their effort directly affects the quality of life of members of the University community.
Candidate Application Requirements
- All candidates are required to have a minimum cumulative GPA (through fall 2018) of 2.7. Candidates who do not meet this GPA requirement are not eligible to apply, and their applications will not be considered.
- Complete and submit the Student Leadership Common Application no later than Sunday, February 10 by 11:59 p.m. Resume and cover letters must be uploaded to the application. Cover letter and resume submission guidelines can be found here. Students who do not properly submit an application by this deadline will not be eligible to continue with the process.
- Current Resident Assistant (RA) must complete the RA Reference Form no later than Sunday, February 10.
- One optional reference form may be submitted by a Trinity professional (faculty/staff member). This second reference is not required. Please note that RA reference forms and Trinity professional reference forms are different.
- To access links to the required RA reference form and the optional Trinity-affiliated person reference form, please click here.
- The application deadline is posted on all recruitment publicity, discussed at both required information sessions, included in the selection process timeline, and noted on the common application itself. Any application received after 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 10 WILL NOT be accepted, and candidates will not be able to continue on with the process. Please be sure you click "submit" at the bottom of the common application.
If you'd like to confirm that your application was properly submitted, please email Stephanie Ackerman at email@example.com no later than Saturday, February 9 to request a confirmation. It will be YOUR responsibility to check all email responses from Stephanie and to ensure that your application is submitted on time.
The Interview Process
- You will have one 30-minute interview with members of the Residential Life Staff on either Thursday, February 21, Friday, February 22 or Saturday, February 23. You will choose your interview date and time slot, and selections will be made on a first-come, first serve basis.
It is imperative that we start on time for every interview, so please arrive at least five minutes before your selected interview time. If you miss your interview without submitting prior notice to Stephanie Ackerman, you will be removed from the applicant pool.
- All students who properly submit a common application will receive a link to sign up for these interviews after the application deadline.
- We will use your TigerCard photo during the selection deliberation process.
- Be sure to be on time and professionally dressed for all interviews. Although we do not require that candidates wear full business attire, please remember that these are job interviews. Personal presentation should be neat and demonstrate that you are serious about the position. It is also recommended that you carefully review and familiarize yourself with the RLS job description.
- If you are able to make contact in advance, have sufficient cause, and time permits, interviews can be rescheduled. If you fail to attend your interviews or do not submit all of your application materials without sufficient cause as to why, you will be immediately removed from the applicant pool, and will be unable to continue on with the process.
Study Abroad Candidates & The Interview Process
If you are currently studying abroad (spring 2019), the Residential Life Office will contact you about applying for a position. The application requirements are still the same; however, study abroad candidates are to sign up for a 30-minute individual interview via Skype or Google Chat between February 25 - 27.
If you are planning to go abroad in the fall or spring semesters of the 2019-2020 academic school year, you will still need to go through the selection process. Please indicate on the common application which semester you intend to study abroad.
Academic & Judicial Standings
Candidates are required to be in good academic standing and must have a cumulative GPA (through fall 2018) of 2.7. Candidates who do not currently meet this cumulative GPA requirement are not eligible to apply and their applications will not be considered.
After applications close, Residential Life will check to ensure that all candidates meet the minimum grade requirement of 2.7 and are in good judicial standing with the University.
If you are placed on academic probation after being hired but before starting in the position, your offer may be revoked.
Students who fall below the 2.7 minimum GPA requirement after serving in the position for at least one semester will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may be placed on probation within the position or released from the position altogether. Academic success will always take priority.
If you have any questions about the selection process, please contact Stephanie Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|January & February
||Read the RLS Job Description before you begin the process and before you interview.
|Tuesday, January 29 at 6 p.m., Fiesta Room
||Information Session 1 (applicants are required to attend one session)
|Wednesday, January 30 at 6 p.m., Fiesta Room
||Information Session 2 (applicants are required to attend one session)
|Thursday, January 31 at 8 a.m.
||Student Leadership Common Application opens.
|Sunday, February 10 at 11:59 p.m.
||Student Leadership Common Application (including uploaded cover letter and resume) and required current RA reference form are due.
|Week of February 11
||RLS Returner interviews
|February 21 - 23
||New applicant individual interviews
|February 25 - 27
||Rescheduled and Study Abroad interviews
|Friday, March 8 before 5 p.m.
||Hiring notifications are sent via Trinity email