- Bruising, Redness
- Apply in 20 minute intervals,
- Every two hours
- Do not apply ice directly to skin, wrap in a small towel
- Wrap ankle, knee or wrist with elastic bandage
- Not too tight, just for support
- Above the level of your heart whenever possible
- Over-the-counter medication for pain, if needed.
Seek Medical Attention If
- Severe pain
- Severe swelling
- Fracture is suspected
- Inability to bear weight
- Concern for persistent pain/swelling
- You have any questions or concerns
Download the pdf version of this page.