You are here

Student Handbook

Assembled by the Division of Student Life, this digital student handbook presents the statements guiding the Trinity University community and provides a compendium of the significant policies and procedures related to student life on campus. Take time to familiarize yourself with these important documents.

Download the 2016-2017 Student Handbook (PDF)

Resources for Students

Student Organizations 

Student organizations reflect and complement the University's mission, and Student Involvement (210-999-7547) supports and facilitates formation and sustainability of student organizations. Policies and procedures related to student organizations are presented in the Student Organizations Handbook. 

Annual Security and Fire Safety Report

Trinity University publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Act. This report includes security policies, campus crime statistics, fire safety policies and fire statistics. You may request a copy of this report by calling the Police Department at 210-999-7070 or by visiting the Campus Police site. Fire safety policies and fire statistics.


Notice of a campus-wide emergency and links to further information, if appropriate, will be posted on Trinity’s home page ( For recorded status updates, dial 888-57-ALERT.

TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY ON CAMPUS, contact the Trinity University Police Department (TUPD) at 210-999-7000 (dial just 7000 from any on-campus phone) or use a “blue light” emergency phone. Identify yourself, give the location and nature of the emergency, and stay on the line until told to disconnect.
FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, if it seems impossible or undesirable to move the person, or if the situation appears life threatening, call the TUPD at 210-999-7000. A dispatcher will contact and coordinate EMS response and provide assistance.
FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL CRISES during office hours, call Counseling Services at 210-999-7411, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For crises on weekends or in the evening, call Health Services at 210-999-8111 or TUPD at 210-999-7000.
FOR NON-CRITICAL SITUATIONS when assistance is not needed immediately, go to Counseling Services or Health Services during regular hours of operation. Accidents that occur in residence halls should be reported to a member of the Residential Life staff. 

Student Complaints or Concerns

The Associate Vice President and Dean of Students serves as the primary coordinator of response and support to students with concerns or in crisis. Students should direct any complaints or concerns about anything on campus to the Office of the Dean of Students (210-999-8843). Complaints will be investigated or referred to other offices as necessary.