The School of Business offers an integrated, innovative undergraduate and graduate program for students who are well grounded in the liberal arts. Building on a firm understanding of the fundamentals of business and rigorous discipline-specific instruction, students continue to learn and apply advanced concepts experientially.
Our programs produce globally aware, ethically sensitive, technologically proficient graduates who think critically, communicate effectively, and understand business as a consequence of both field and classroom involvement.
To be a recognized leader in providing a transformative business education that builds on a strong foundation in the liberal arts to produce graduates who are highly sought after by top companies and preeminent graduate programs.
Values and Beliefs
The School of Business believes that:
- Because superior students contribute to better learning and are more successful after graduation, the business program should aim to produce graduates who are “preferred hires” by attracting and engaging competent and highly motivated students.
- A superior business program should be innovative, engaging and have significant experiential, ethical and international components.
- The experience of traveling and studying abroad enhances maturity and independence in students.
- Meaningful collaboration among members of the School and other academic programs, the Administration, and members of the business community results in a stronger curriculum and a better learning experience for students.
- Business students derive value from taking courses in the liberal arts and sciences; in turn, non-business students derive value from taking courses in business.
- Productivity in research and a passion for teaching are necessary to be an outstanding faculty member.
- High-quality business programs have outstanding faculty members, strong administration and a modern curriculum and accompanying capital base.
The School of Business offers Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts, and Master of Science degrees. Our degree programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Additional AACSB Resources may be found at the following links:
AACSB Accreditation Standards
Resources for Schools
Database of Accredited Institutions