Coronavirus Updates: The latest information on the global pandemic and campus operations.  COVID-19 Website


You are here


Trinity University centralizes the access to legal through one department. All contact with attorneys for Trinity University business is handled through in-house General Counsel. 

What do I need to contact legal? 

  • Contact Rachel Rolf for consultation at rrolf [at] or extension 8382 
  • General Counsel will review and research as necessary 
  • If it is determined to contact external legal counsel, General Counsel will be the first point of contact with the attorney/firm 
  • Once established, the department may be authorized to interact directly with legal counsel 

How are legal costs handled? 

Invoices are received and reviewed by Risk Management and Insurance. If approved, the invoice will be paid from the Legal Account. Depending upon the circumstances, the S&E account of a department can be charged for legal fees if it is determined that the legal fees were incurred as a result of the department's negligence in regard to University procedures. 

Please be sure to inform your Vice President, Chair, Director or Supervisor. 

Click here for helpful resources.