The Facilities Services Department maintains a fleet of six (6) 11-passenger vans for use by faculty, staff and students for University-related travel. These vehicles accommodate travel for one (1) driver and ten (10) additional persons. Vehicle reservations must be made in advance using T-Space. No walk-in requests will be accepted.
Please be aware of the following requirements and costs associated with reserving a pool van:
- All reservations require designating one or more authorized drivers. Authorized drivers must be on the approved list prior to receiving keys to the vehicle. Please refer to the Authorized Driver policy for more information and the necessary forms. Experienced drivers are preferred to operate University vehicles. Please allow a minimum of five working days to process the request for authorizing a driver.
- In order for an individual to be authorized to drive a passenger van, they must complete the University Van Driver Training offered though the Environmental Health and Safety Office and be in possession of a valid Van Driver Certification card. Please refer to the Van Driver Certification policy for more information. The required “check rides” for certification are held the first Wednesday of each month.
- Reservations require a department budget account number that will be charged a mileage rate for the use of the vehicle. The current 2015 rate for use of a vehicle is 56.5 cents per mile. There is a minimum charge of $15.00 (for 27 miles or less). The department will also be responsible for any damage deductible if the vehicle is damaged while the vehicle is in their care.
- A gasoline credit card is provided for refueling the vehicle upon request. Personnel using a University-provided gasoline credit card must include the vehicle license number and must sign the charge slip at the time of purchase.
- A 24 hour notice of cancellation is required should it become necessary to cancel an existing reservation. A $25.00 per vehicle fee will be applicable for all reservations not meeting the cancellation requirement or for “no shows”.
If you need assistance regarding a vehicle reservation, please contact the Service Center.