Each department, in conjunction with Environmental Health & Safety and the Office of Human Resources, shall incorporate safety principles in their employee orientation program.
- The Office of Human Resources shall orient new employees concerning working conditions and general safety policies in effect on the Trinity University campus.
- Environmental Health & Safety will orient new employees during their six-month probationary period on procedures for reporting accidents and injuries.
- Department supervisors will orient new employees regarding specific safety practices in their respective areas.
- Supervisors are to advise those employees exposed to hazardous materials of their rights under the Texas and OSHA Hazardous Communication Standards.
- The department supervisor will provide written guidelines that the employee is to follow.
- The department supervisor will advise employees of the location of Safety Data Sheets (SDS's) relevant to an employee's work area.
As an educational institution, Trinity University places a special emphasis on safety education as a component of the student's overall learning experience.
- At the start of each school year, Residential Life staff, in conjunction with Environmental Health & Safety, shall:
- advise residents about University safety policies;
- advise residents of specific Residential Life safety rules;
- advise on occupancy safety policies and rules; and
- advise on procedures for reporting emergencies, accidents and injuries.
- Classroom and Laboratory Safety - Departments with classes and laboratories using specialized equipment shall advise students of safety policies including:
- safety practices and procedures to be followed in classroom areas;
- course requirements in respect to compliance with safety policies and rules; and
- procedures for reporting emergencies, accidents and injuries.
- Student Activity- The Vice President for Student Affairs shall promulgate a system of supervision to ensure safe practices in the student activity area.
- Department supervisors will orient employees regarding specific safety practices in their respective units.
Off-Campus Groups Utilizing University Facilities
The official university sponsor of any campus group utilizing university facilities will ensure that safe practices and procedures are followed.