Coronavirus Updates: The latest information on the global pandemic and campus operations.  COVID-19 Website



Note on electronic forms:

Please fill out all forms on your computer before printing, so as to minimize any chances of legibility issues. In order for the form links to work, you must be signed into your Trinity Google (T-Mail) account. 

Signing Forms for Approval:

In the event that obtaining an approval signature in ink is unreasonably difficult due to time or logistical constraints, an e-mail approval is acceptable. The approval should be printed and attached to the documentation. Should an approver delegate someone else in the department to sign on their behalf, documentation of such appointment should be submitted to Accounts Payable and the designee should sign their name and then add “For (Approver Name)”.


Payment Request Form

Use this form to request a payment for goods or services when there is not an invoice (invoice payments utilize the invoice stamp). For example, honorarium, business expense reimbursements for employees, guests/business partners, and candidates. This form shall be used for all fund types, including sponsored projects (grant funded accounts) with the exception of student organizations (who will continue to use their current form). This form replaces use of the Requisition form for all payments - the Requisition form shall be used only to request Purchase Orders and Blanket Purchase Orders.

Additional Information:

  • Tip: When requesting multiple payments to Trinity students or employees for the same business purpose, you may batch the request by filling out only one Payment Request form and attaching the list of names and ID numbers to the form.
  • Object Code expanded descriptions.
  • Whenever possible, please submit Payment Requests two weeks before the payment is required.
  • Accounts payable processes checks on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Invoice Stamp

An invoice stamp will be provided to all departments, please contact your department's designated AP Technician if you need one for your department. The stamp is to be used in lieu of the Payment Request Form when the payee provides an invoice - reducing the amount of paperwork to be done. Simply stamp a blank area of the invoice, and include all relevant information (such as BPO/PO number when applicable, GL number, Amount, Approval Signatures). You may stamp multiple times for multiple account allocations. Be sure to add a brief business description if the invoice is unclear (for example, use of acronyms that are not understandable, or use of highly technical language).

Requisition Form

Use this form to request an order for goods or services (Purchase Order - PO) or to request a Blanket Purchase Order (BPO).

Additional Information:

  • A requisition is required for any purchase exceeding $5,000.
  • A p-card is the preferred method of payment for purchases of goods and services below $5,000, unless the vendor does not accept p-cards.
  • A requisition is required for all Capital Equipment purchases, regardless of the amount.
  • If submitting a requisition for a blanket purchase order, include back-up that supports the amount requested (whether it be a contract, formula/calculation, prior-year actuals, etc.).

Supplemental Pay Request Form

The purpose of this form is to compensate faculty and contract/professional employee for services performed in addition to their regular responsibilities. More information can be found on the Supplemental Pay Request From webpage.

Journal Entry Form

Transfer of funds for correcting expenses already posted (i.e. p-card, vouchers) or supporting another department (i.e. donating funds to support an event).

  • Please Route completed forms to Bianca Vallejo, Sponsored Projects Accountant (Parker Chapel 104).
  • Bianca will be your main contact for questions regarding journal entry requests you have submitted.

Budget Transfer Form

Budget transfers are only for permanent budget changes, meaning this change will remain in effect for future fiscal years. Budget can only transfer to the same budget category, per Trinity University policy. For example, 54XXX (S&E) to 54XXX (S&E) and 52700 (Student Wages) to 52700 (Student Wages) are allowed. 54XXX (S&E) to 52XXX (Salary) is not allowed.

  • Please route completed forms directly to Budget (NH 410).
  • Samantha Stien or Jennifer Castillo, Budget Analysts, will process them and will be your main contact for any questions pertaining to budget transfers.

Cash Transmittal Form

This form is used to indicate the budget accounts, reason, and fiscal year for which monetary deposits will be applied. In addition to routine deposits, this form must also be used when reimbursing Trinity for any improper purchases made on a p-card or travel card and when returning any remaining funds from a travel advance. Submit the form to the University cashier in Northrup Hall 108 (Student Financial Services Office) along with the check or cash. 

  • When returning travel cash advance funds, use account number 10-00-0000000-14206. Include a copy of the form with your travel expense report.
  • If reimbursing a personal expense charged to a University card, provide a copy of the transmittal form in the p-card envelope for that month, or attach to the Concur travel expense report (when travel card was used).

Mileage Reimbursement Form 2020
Mileage Reimbursement Form 2019

Fill out this form when requesting reimbursement for local business mileage. Private car mileage reimbursement for travel should be requested on the Travel Expense Report form. According to the IRS, the mileage rate for business is based on an annual study of the fixed and variable costs of operating an automobile, including depreciation, insurance, repairs, tires, maintenance, gas, and oil.  For help in completing the milage reimbursement form please read the guide

Missing Receipt Form

Use this form as a substitute for a receipt only after all other methods of obtaining a copy of the receipt from the vendor have been exhausted.

Card Application

The card application process is now completely online. Click the link to take you to the card application page and complete the application(s) for the card type(s) you need. 

eTAAR - Travel Authorization and Advance Request (electronic version)

Fill out the form on your computer, print & obtain signatures, and submit to Accounts Payable. Once processed, Accounts Payable will inform you of the Control Number for the trip as well as the due date for the expense report.

Travel Expense Report

Use this excel report to list, reconcile, and request reimbursement for travel expenses. All substantiating documentation, such as the original receipts for which reimbursement is being requested, should be stapled to and submitted with the expense report.

Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Form

Trinity University, as an educational institution, is exempt from sales and use taxes in the state of Texas. If requested by a vendor, fill out and provide them with this form. 

006 Equipment Transaction Form

Complete and submit this form to the Business Office if you need to move office furniture or equipment from one location to another.