Coronavirus Updates: The latest information on the global pandemic and campus operations.  COVID-19 Website


Forms, Policies, and Compliance

Trinity University has established policies and procedures for faculty and staff who seek external funding to support their work. Grant seekers are advised to review the items below to ensure compliance.

  • The Faculty and Contract Staff Handbook includes institutional history; faculty governance structure and policy; faculty development; researcher responsibilities; instructional and administrative policies, responsibilities, and guidelines; and employment policies and benefits. Chapters 5 and 7 addresses concerns that are specific to external funding.

Compliance Areas and Procedures

  • Proposal Authorization Form. Per the guidelines established in The Handbook, employees obtain institutional approval prior to submitting any proposals or applications for external funding by completing an Internal Approval Form. [Proposal Authorization Form]
  • Request for Resources from Academic Affairs. If the proposal includes University resources, for example, student housing during the summer, waiver of indirect costs, or course release, this form is required. [FORM COMING SOON]
  • Budget template (generic). If the external source of funding does not have its own required budget template, this spreadsheet can be used for planning funding requirements. 
  • Conflict of Interest. On an annual basis, faculty members who have active grants must complete an Annual Disclosure Form to address possible conflicts of interest. Faculty who answer “yes” to any of the questions related to business interests (Questions 4-9), will be asked to complete Part B of the disclosure.
  • Research with Human Subjects. All research projects involving human subjects must be approved by the Institutional Review Board. Questions can be referred to the Chair of the IRB (irb [at] (IRB Chair.))
  • Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). All research projects involving animals must be approved by the IACUC. Questions can be referred to the committee chair Dr. Troy Murphy, tmurphy [at] (Dr. Troy Murphy), Associate Professor of Biology.
  • If your proposal requires certification that Trinity qualified as a "Research in an Undergraduate Institution" (RUI) site click here to download the necessary letter [Certification of RUI Eligibility].